|Directions to drive from Turin (Caselle) airport to AlpSun in Les Vigneaux, Hautes Alpes, France|
Motorway signs are GREEN in Italy and are toll roads. You may see blue signs indicating the same destination you are heading to (these are equivalent to A roads in the UK and take the longer more scenic route). For a quick journey follow the green signs.
START: You have landed at Turin airport called Caselle, which is about 10km north of Turin city centre.
• Follow the exit signs from the airport.
• Head in the direction of Turin (Torino).
• After about 6km on a dual carriageway you will see signs for the TANGENZIALE (this is the major motorway from Venice to the border of France across the North of Italy.)
• Take the Tangenziale
in the direction of FREJUS (this is the
tunnel into France from Italy).
• Once you get on the
motorway just keep following signs to FREJUS
• When you reach the OULX area(this is approx. 1 hour or 70kms from Turin airport) you need to take junction 9 marked for Oulx circ.ne and Sestière/ GAP . It is very easy to miss this junction so make sure you slow down once you start seeing Oulx signs on the motorway.
• You will now go onto a normal “A” type road. Keep following the signs for Sestrière/ GAP / MONTGENEVRO, turning right at the roundabout at Cesana climbing up the mountain to Claviere and then crossing the border into France (no passports or stopping required normally).
• Continue over the top of the Montgenèvre col and through the Montgenèvre ski resort and then down the mountain to Briançon.
For up to date information
on the state of the road over the Montgenèvre
col (in french only) call:
Getting very close now! (about 10 miles to go)
• At Briançon you will come to a roundabout. Take the 2nd exit, the N94 towards Gap
• Continue towards Gap on the N94. Approx 10km after Briançon you will reach L'Argentière la Bessée
• As you descend into L’Argentière La Bessée turn right to Les Vigneaux and Vallouise. The turn comes up quite suddenly so be on the look out!
• After about 250 metres you will reach traffic lights. Turn Right at these lights.
• Leaving L'Argentière, climb up the hill round a few bends…continue through the village of La Bâtie des Vigneaux..
• After about 2.5kms you will pass a small Renault garage on the right. Take the first right after the garage signposted to LES VIGNEAUX/PRELLES/BRIANCON. If you go over a small bridge and see a bar/local shop on your right you have gone too far.
• Follow this road up hill, bending to the the right and then back left into a 30km speed limit. Pass the village school on the right.
• Take the first right after the school. The AlpSun chalet is about 150 metres down the hill, on the left (approx the 5 th house on the left). We have a wooden letter box next to the road with the a sign saying “AlpSun” on it.
The whole journey is around 135km (about 80 miles) and should take between 1.5 – 2 hours.
The actual address of AlpSun is:
Telephone from the U.K or Italy: 00 33 4 92 23 16 62
Mobile number from the the UK/a UK mobile or from Italy: 00
33 6 30 12 41 05